Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Further adventures in Toronto strangers

Episode 1:

"Gnnaaaaaaaaaggghhh."

Somewhere between death metal and laringitus. I look around me, startled; seemingly empty transit station, merchant stalls, magazines, gum, tile floor. Not another soul in sight.

"Gnaaaaggghh."

Suddenly notice the guy behind the counter, doing what I think is clearing his throat. Except its at a customer, similarly just materialized and who walks away looking disconcerted. Death-metal-laringitis glances towards me. I glance first at the magazines (scientific american) then seeing that he's going to try to sell me something, quickly exit the station.

Fear trumps curiosity.

Episode 2:

Act 1:
A pirate is going down the steps to the subway. I only notice him just before he vanishes, but one of the disembarking passengers and lock eyes and he nods towards tricorn hat now making its way down the stairs, amused. As am I.

Act 2:
Pirate sighted smoking in front of Polish League Hall with group of homeless people. He is wearing sneakers.

No comments: