Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Big in the other ex-Axis power

Many people don't know about the Monks outside of Germany, where they had their big hit. This is a shame, since not only were they rightful precursors of both punk and psychedelic, but they also had truly daring haircuts and the best group-guitar solos I've heard anywhere. (Two things, incidentally, that the Velvet Underground decisively lacked.)



Hat tip to Huck Brock's shirt for reminding me of these guys. (One of the Monks is his great uncle.)

1 comment:

Jess and Shannon said...

of course, though I think my blog is probably either going to die out or become extremely depressing when I go back to the US tomorrow. But maybe having friends on the blogsphere will help me retain faith in humanity despite the career driven capitalist world to which I am about to return. Who knows, maybe I can turn my blog into a musical musing page and find consolation in that. (can you tell i don't want to leave sofia?)

Good to meet a friend!