Thursday, July 17, 2008

And while I'm at it...

I figure I may as well review last night's excellent concert by Roma di Luna at the Mill City Ruins. Suffice it to say, they are very good and put on a very solid show despite being forced indoors due to threatening weather that never materialized. There was a secret part of me that was very happy about this; as much as I love outdoor music, the acoustics in the museum's courtyard are, uh, less than ideal and the interior, though unseasonably warm, is much much better suited to big, awesome Americana harmonizing. Which we got in droves, particularly towards the end of the show, when they busted out the driving "Bury me Beneath the Killing Fields," a song which, despite its totally death metal title owes more to the gospel-country tradition of "Down by the Riverside" or the better tracks off Will the Circle be Unbroken.

Here's a less than ideal video of said song that I wouldn't be posting if the band hadn't endorsed it by sticking it on their myspace. It does get better than its beginning would suggest:

No comments: