Thursday, May 29, 2008

Hello all. This blog is intended to accomplish two things.

Thing #1: Document my adventures in Canada.

I will be studying at the University of Toronto this coming fall and I would like to document that experience for anyone who cares to know what I'm up to. I will do my best to avoid posting anything that will dampen your day, destroy my future career prospects, or ruin your marriage. Hopefully I'll have something insightful to say about Canada more than once or twice, but I wouldn't count on it.

Thing #2: Point out videos of good music on Youtube.

Other blogs exist to do this, and assuredly do it better than I can or will, so why add to the clutter? There really isn't a good reason, but lest we forget, the internet was settled by people whose sole mission in life was to fill cyberspace with trite, often narcissistic user-generated content. I am merely following in their footsteps the way I know best, i.e. redundantly.

Occasionally I may complain about religion, politics or philosophy as well, but I'll try to keep that to a minimum. Baby steps, my friends, baby steps.

No comments: